Attention! For Japanese customers, my Japanese blog might help.

Oct 16, 2017

[Solved] I could not setup Xcode Server on Macmini

NOTE: This is the English version of my Japanese article.

-- Edit 2017/11/12 --
After I deleted "/Library/Developer/XcodeServer",  I could finally setup Xcode Server without errors.
xcode9 - Xcode 9 enable Server fails because "xcsd" keychain password - Stack Overflow will be helpful.
(By the way, deleting xcsd on Keychain Access.app did not work for me.)

I appreciate the anonymous who have left a comment on my article.
-- Edit end --


When I tried to set up Xcode Server on macOS 10.13 on Macmini(I was using for CI with Xcode 8), a dialog comes out:


xcsreciperunnerは、キーチェーンに含まれるキー"Xcode Server Root Certificate Authority"を使用して署名しようとしています。
In English, this means "xcsreciperunner is trying to sign using the key "Xcode Server Root Certificate Authority" contained in the key chain."

And, I was asked for the password of the user called xcsd.

Passwords for an admin and a user for CI on Xcode 8 were both not accepted.
I do not understand well, so I chose "Deny".
Then, a user cancel error was displayed.




After that, I attempted to turn on Xcode Server again, but the password input dialog was not displayed this time.
Instead, the following error was displayed immediately:

Could not create client certificate authority: Error Domain=Security Code=-25293 "The user name or passphrase you entered is not correct." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=The user name or passphrase you entered is not correct.}



After restarting the machine and when turning on Xcode Server,  the password input dialog display again.
After all I do not know the password, so I decided to give up CI on this machine.

After that, on the development Macbook, I was able to set up Xcode Server without any problems.
Even if you search the net with "xcsreciperunner" or "xcsd", since it did not show such a solution, it may be an environment dependent error.

By the way, after doing the above procedure, the item "xcsd" was arbitrarily added to Keychain Access.app.



In the future, if you really need CI on Macmini
I think I will re-install the system cleanly.

--
I'm looking for job for macOS/iOS application development by outsourcing.
For details, please visit my web site.

4 comments:

  1. FYI, after cursing Apple for screwing up my CI setup *again*, I found this on Stack Overflow:

    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46805936/xcode-9-enable-server-fails-because-xcsd-keychain-password

    Deleting the xcsd keychain and then restarting the mac worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!
    I'll try it next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worked for me too. Thank you so very much!

    NunyaBinnez

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. This works. I opened a ticket with Apple and they never did come back with a good answer. Glad you figured it out. I can finally build on my mac server again.

    ReplyDelete